Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Root Beer Float-Sicles

Did you know you could freeze a root beer float?


I didn't, but that's never stopped me from trying anything before. These frozen floats not only taste wonderful, they are super easy to make. Just scoop tablespoonfuls of ice cream into your popsicle molds, or Dixie cups, not packing it too full, so there are some empty spaces left in the molds.


Then, pour in the root beer, until the mold is full. Wait a minute or so, for some of the fizz to die down, and pour in a little more.


Add your sticks, and freeze for several hours. These are great treats to make, when you want root beer floats, but your running low on ice cream. And, they got a total thumbs up from my children.
It's great to be a homeschooler.

9 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

Yum! I will be making these.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Oh my goodness -- I didn't think it was possible to improve a root beer float. You've just proved me wrong!

Erin said...

Who knew?!?! Surely not me. I can't wait to try it. Very clever! (They look delicious!)

www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

Cassie said...

I'll have to try that! I love root beer floats!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea!

I've left you the "A Blog with Substance" award on my blog. I really enjoy your blog.

Debbie said...

These look so yummy!

Unknown said...

Oh, oh, oh, oh- this WILL be tied- SOON- in our house!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Sounds great - something for my bucket list.

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

My husband is a great lover of Root Beer Floats! This sounds like an incredible treat! We'll be trying them soon.