Friday, February 12, 2010

Black Forest Pudding Parfaits


With Valentine's Day in the air, I just couldn't resist glamming up the kid's leftover chocolate cupcakes, for their snack tonight.



This is an old recipe, I think I originally pulled it off of the back of a box of Jell-O pudding. I used to serve it to company, when I wanted to impress, but didn't have a lot of time. But, I haven't made it in a while (it's a little frou-frou for Montana taste), so it's new to the children.
You start by slicing the tops off of chocolate cupcakes, and placing them into the bottom of small drinking glasses (or any type clear parfait, or dessert dish).

Add a layer of chocolate pudding...

...a layer of cherry pie filling...

... and a layer of whipped cream.

Then, top them off with a final dollop of pudding, and cherries.

Serve them - and prepare for a round of appreciative oohs and ahs.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

5 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Ooh, this looks so yummy. What do you do with the rest of cupcakes?

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Eat them! :)

Ticia said...

"How about a parfait? Everybody loves a parfait!"
This combines so many things I love.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Yes, they beat an onion every time.

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm coming over to your house for tomorrow night's snack...