Friday, March 12, 2010

Time For Pudding - A Learning To Tell Time Snack


Just in case you think all we ever eat are cookies, let me assure you, it isn't true. Sometimes, we have pudding.


It turns out pudding pipes about as well as frosting.

To make these pudding clocks, I mixed up a large box of vanilla pudding, and dipped it into six bowls.


While the bowls of pudding were setting up in the fridge, I mixed up a box of chocolate pudding, which I poured into a Ziploc freezer bag, while it was still runny.


I put the bag into the fridge for five minutes, and it was ready to pipe. So, this snack took about 15 minutes total to make.

Just like for our clock cookies, I cut a pin sized hole in one corner of the bag, and then piped on the numbers, and hands of the clocks. This time though, I made things more challenging for the older children, by using Roman numerals.

The children had to tell me the time on their clocks, before I gave them spoons (except for the youngest, who was just told the time on hers). Because, as I suspected, once they had spoons in hand, the clocks were gone in no time.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow! You are the coolest mom.

Ticia said...

Seriously, how do you ever get cleaning done?

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Cleaning?

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

LOL on cleaning - do you ever cook anything non-sweet? But those clocks are so adorable (and educational too!)

Unknown said...

(Oh, and this is much easier than the cookies!)

phasejumper said...

Love this! I had thought about a telling time theme day, but then scrapped it until I saw your snack ideas. I will link to your blog when I post it. Thank you for all the great ideas. I think I'm going to a clock breakfast....