Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chasing Rainbows

I have to say, I feel like Alexander, today. You know the Alexander I mean?


Except instead of going to Australia, I'd like to go back to bed. I blame the time change.

Whatever the cause, I'm grouchy, the kids are whiny, my to do list is growing, and nothing seems to be working.

So, instead of posting today (and yes, I do know, that this is technically posting), I'm leaving you with some fun pictures (just ignore my thumb in the first one) we took through a piece of diffraction grate, yesterday, when we were having a happier day. We found the diffraction grate, a piece of plastic with very fine parallel scratches on it, in our Klutz Exlorabook.




If you don't have one, don't worry, you can still chase rainbows, just grab a CD, or DVD, and hold the back of it up to windows, and lights. It's the same concept, just with reflections.


And, while you enjoy the light show, I think I'm going to fall off the wagon, into a nice, strong, pot of black coffee.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

6 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Great pictures. I was planning to show Anna DVD rainbows later today in honor of St Patrick's Day. I hope you will have a better tomorrow!

Butterfly said...

At least you managed to post something. Hope today is better for you. The CD rainbow looks pretty cool.

My mountain of not-written moments is too big to tackle thanks to some crazy-busy weeks, and I'm drowning in a sea of washing, dishes, and paper to be sorted. Coffee is rare for me, but sounds great today!

Debbie said...

Love the pictures! I am with you on the mood of the day. I do think the time change has something to do with it. I know Selena has been quite testy today. Hope tomorrow is better!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Love this idea! What great photos!!

Ticia said...

Hope tomorrow gets better. If your thumb is in one of those photos I definitely didn't see it.

Jenn said...

That is so cool! hm... wonder where I could get my hands on one of those?? I wonder if a clear CD would work?? we have a crystal in the window ... and I have a crystal monkey! ha ha!