Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Passove,r or Exodus, Video Links For Children, And Parents

I feel like we spent all day watching movies, yesterday, but we found so many fun links, and it was so cold, and rainy out, I just couldn't resist.


DreamWorks The Prince of Egypt, can be viewed in 11 parts on YouTube - click, here, for part 1, and then follow the YouTube links to the rest. This Disney like movie, adds a bit to the story, and gives the wrong Pharaoh, but the animation is well done, and it does a good job bringing the characters to life.


The Rugrats Passover, can be viewed in it's entirety, here, on WeJew.com, for a secular view of the Biblical story. WeJew, also has a link to a short Martha Stewart segment, about matzo (or matzoh, as they're spelling it), which I'm hoping to watch with the children today.


And, what holiday would be complete without a VeggieTale video? You can find almost all of Moe and The Big Exit (part one seems to be missing, so you miss out on the opening credits), on YouTube, in 6 parts - click, here, for part 2, and again, follow the links for the rest.


The older children, and I, also checked out a couple of links, dealing with the archaeological/historical/biblical discussion of when the Hebrews lived in Egypt, and under which Pharaoh (click here, to go to Answers in Genesis for part 1 of 5, of Unwrapping the Pharaohs), and which route they took, upon leaving Egypt (click here for part 1 of Exodus Revealed, on YouTube).


All of the images above came from Amazon.com, where you can purchase the DVDs, if you don't care for watching free links (I didn't link them through my associates account, because I recommend watching them free way, as long as it's legal, whenever possible).


Of course, if you don't care for videos, or want to get the complete, unadapted story, you can always read the text right from the Bible. And, I have a link for that, too (insert a very large grin, here).


I also have a number of craft, and coloring page links for Passover, and Exodus fun, which I'm trying to get in order to share. But then, today is my one year blogger birthday, so I might just decide to bag it all, and make a cake for myself, instead!


It's great to be a homeschooler.

5 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Happy blogiversary! Those are great resources, and I am hoping that you have something for Easter up your sleeve too. Ticia recommended Veggie Tales to me, and we watched Moe. Anna liked it OK while it left me seriously bewildered. She also lasted for about 30 minutes of Prince of Egypt, but it was so way over her head - she doesn't watch a lot of TV, and this is a pretty complicated movie - both visually and from the story line perspective.

Evenspor said...

Thanks for all the links. I wanted to do some passover stuff this year, and these will be very helpful.

Ticia said...

I love Prince of Egypt! We showed it to the kids once, but they're not quite ready for it. But, it really gave me some inisghts I hadn't really thought of, like that Moses grew up with pharaoh as his brother and how painful that must have been.
I love Moe. It's so much fun.
Happy Blogiversary!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

This is great! Thanks for posting these reviews, and happy blogiversary to you!

Erica said...

Several years ago I had my students compare Prince of Egypt to the real story of Exodus. There are several areas where they took literary license. For example, Moses was found my Pharaoh's daughter. So he wasn't raised as his brother. I had them find others too, but it's been too long since I've seen the movie.