Saturday, March 27, 2010

Amigurumi Crochet Lamb

One of the things, that I really love about amigurumi is how adaptable the patterns are. Take Lion Brands' frog, for instance.


Make the ball in white, instead of green.


Leave off the scrawny frog arms, and legs, and the bulging eyes, and instead, give it a face, using the same spiral pattern as for the ball...


...a tail...



...a couple of ears...


...and four, stubby legs...


...and, you have a little lamb...


...who's just plain cute, front...


...to back.



If you're interested in the pattern, other than the sphere part, which you can find at the Lion Brand link above, I'll try to get it posted tomorrow. I made this guy, after the kids went to bed, as an Easter surprise, and now it's past my bedtime, too.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

3 comments:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Sorry Ticia, I'm really not trying to taunt you :) Why don't you just get it over with, and learn to crochet?

Unknown said...

That is just so adorable! "Ewe" did a great job!

Ticia said...

Sooner or later I'll give in. At one point I was going to learn at a local knitting store that taught classes, but I didn't get it done, and I just noticed the other day the store was closed.
Maybe, I'll ask my friend from church to teach me......