Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Exodus, or Passover Craft, and Coloring Links

The Exodus story can be intense for little ones, but there are a number of fun, and interesting craft, and coloring ideas to be found. I've listed a few of my favorites below.

Baby Moses in the basket:

DLTK has a simple cut and paste, baby Moses, printable.

Little Blots of Faith, has a printable base for a hand print craft, where the hand prints become the bulrushes to hide baby Moses.

Christian Preschool Printables, has a very pretty, stain glass like, puzzle printable.

And, if I had a walnut shell, then this craft, from Kaboose would be my top pick.




Moses and the burning bush:

Karen's Adventures in Mommyland, posted an adorable paper plate bush, with tissue paper flames.

There's a burning bush word find at Sharon's Place.

Apples for the Teacher, has an online coloring page, for some "no mess" art.

Or, if you're in the mood for a mess, there's a crayon resist idea at Bright Hub, that has the children blowing paint through straws at their coloring pages.


The 10 Plagues:

I'll admit I'm not crazy about most of the craft ideas, that go with the plagues. I mean really, bloody water, lice, boils, dead livestock, and worse! There's a reason they're called plagues.

Even so, they are an important part of the story, and the frogs are kind of funny - especially these cut, paper frogs, from Secret Agent Josephine. I made up a bunch of them, to cover the house with tomorrow, an idea I found at Alpha+Mom, check out her photos, they're great.

And, there are some interesting, family fun, act out ideas, at aish.com.


The Parting of The Red Sea:


MakingFriends.com has a print out template for a Crossing The Red Sea Diorama. We made it last year, and it turned out pretty cute, though I think Creative Jewish Mom, came up with an even cuter version, here. She actually has oodles of great Passover, craft ideas (big surprise, I know).

I think this year though, we're going to stick with a lower maintenance coloring sheet, like this stain glass version, from Sunday School Printables.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

2 comments:

Ticia said...

Okay, this is an incredibly awesome collection of crafts! I love it.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I agree with Ticia - you did a very comprehensive search. I might come back to this post next week if we try another Passover study in our house.