Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rainbow Fruit Skewers

To celebrate St. Patrick's Day, this morning, we're watching Darby O'Gill and The Little People (you can find the entire movie, in 9 parts, on YouTube - click here, for part 1), and making rainbow fruit skewers. Not the most authentically Irish, or particularly original ideas, I know, but still a lot of fun.

The only color our fruity rainbows are missing, is blue, I just couldn't bring myself to buy blueberries this time of year. But, I got lucky, and found a sale on strawberries, and they looked pretty good. So, it's:


  • Purple grapes

  • Green grapes

  • Yellow bananas

  • Orange orange slices

  • and, Red strawberries.

Add some wooden skewers, and you have rainbows on a stick. Happy St. Patricks Day!



It's great to be a homeschooler.

2 comments:

Ticia said...

My kids will eat almost anything if it's on a stick. This would be wildly popular here.

Unknown said...

Awww- I KNEW there was a leprechaun movie! We will be looking into this for next year...