Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Make Snowflake Window "Clings" Out of Glue

Last week we decided to do a little experimenting with our Elmer's School Glue, to see if we could make our own window clings.

We started by pouring out a few snowflakes on wax paper with the glue.


We left them to dry overnight, and then peeled them off of the paper, and tried them on the window.



We had to wet the backs of them to get them to stick to the window, but once on, they stayed put nicely.


Because they were wet, they did drip a bit, as we put them up, but the smudges were easily wiped away with a fingertip wrapped in a clean, dry towel.


I left them up for a few days, to make sure they would stay in place, and then this morning, decided to see how difficult they would be to take down. Happily, they peel right off the window, only leaving a small smudge of glue behind, which cleans off easily with glass cleaner.





Now that we know how well they work out, I can let the kids go to town, making glue "cling" snowflakes for the windows - I think I see a white Thanksgiving in our future.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

7 comments:

Marcee said...

Cool idea!!!

Annette W. said...

How in the world did you think of this? I love it!

Lisa said...

Neato! Couldn't be much easier. Thanks!

carpent2003 said...

Oooh! Didn't they used to sell Elmers with glitter added? Or maybe you could just sprinkle the snowflake before it dries. White or silver would be pretty.

Unknown said...

Have you ever tried glitter glue? For those of us that don't have little ones it might help skip a step and save the mess. I think I will try it tonight with my son who is almost 11 and see how he likes it. He's very creative so I'm anxious to see what he comes up with.

Jean

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Jean - We've sprinkled glitter on top, but I don't think we've tried glitter glue - at least I don't remember doing them that way - maybe today! :)

Anonymous said...

oh how about a ghost for halloween! Hmmm...I'm also wondering if food coloring could be added for color :)