Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rainbow Fruitsicles



I filled up our popsicle molds, one layer at a time, with the left over, mashed, and juiced fruit from our rainbow cake yesterday, to make rainbow fruitsicles for today.

Other than the lemon layer, I left the fruit natural, without any added sugar. I turned the left over lemon juice into a small amount of lemonade, by adding sugar, and a little water to it.

I froze each layer just long enough to firm it up, before adding the next fruit, so they wouldn't mix, but not long enough for them to be completely solid, so I could still place the handles, with the sticks attached in, at the last.

The children were divided 50/50 between those who loved them, and those who thought making healthy popsicles was some kind of sick joke. But, they all liked the rainbowy look.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

7 comments:

SweetandSimpleThings said...

Great idea! They look delicious!

Phyllis said...

Oh, boy! They look yummy to me! I laughed at how you described the mixed reception of them. Sounds like my house! They are so pretty.

Elle Belles Bows said...

They look so refreshing and pretty too!! Kerri

Kendra said...

Oh that last line made me laugh! ;) My youngest can't have cane sugar so everything in our house is some sick kinda extreme healthy. Favorite popsicles are left over smoothies. ;)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Wow - these looks delicious and healthy! Yum!

Christy Killoran said...

I think they look great!

Ticia said...

Some of my favorite popsicles are the healthy ones........ Mmmmm, strawberry popsicle with real fruit.