Friday, March 25, 2011

Pom-pom Birds


The salt dough nests were finally dry enough to paint, this afternoon.


And, since not everyone had made a nest, I tossed out some large pom-poms, craft feathers, google eyes, craft foam, and glue, in case any of the rest were feeling crafty.


There were a few takers. Really, who can resist a large pom-pom with googly eyes?


I had to help C (age 4) with the pipe cleaner feet...


...but other than that, they were able to put them together on their own, which is always fun. They won't be "to play with" toys, as we only used school glue, but I think they'll look very cute, on the children's shelves, or window sills.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

8 comments:

Phyllis said...

Feeling like spring? Those are cute.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Very colorful!

Sally Jackson said...

Googly eyes are a necessity! You can make anything cute with a little googly eyes and glue! ha ha This is a cute idea-thanks for sharing.

Ticia said...

cute, super cute. My kids would love this. Maybe I'll set them on some pom poms.

Unknown said...

I wondered what species of bird lived in a salt dough nest... :0)

Debbie said...

Those are absolutely adorable!

Pebblekeeper ~ Angie said...

Extreme cuteness the nest turned out great! love the feathers on the birds.

Christy Killoran said...

I love it! Hmmmm...maybe I will make those large pom pom birds with my story hour kids. Cute!