Friday, March 4, 2011

Pot O' Gold Mini Cupcakes


I smiled when I read a comment from Phyllis at All Things Beautiful, asking where the pot of gold was, to go with all the rainbows we've been seeing, lately.

It just so happens, the girls were already forming a plan, after we read Eve Bunting's That's What Leprechauns Do.


It's the story of three Leprechauns hurrying, on a "rainbow day" to dig up their pot of gold, and place it at the end of the rainbow, before the rainbow arrives. Of course, they find time to pause for a bit of mischief, here and there, on the farms along the way. Because...that's what Leprechauns do.

To go along with the story, the girls made mini, chocolate muffins, cutting circles from the tops...


...to fill with gold (frosting)...


...finishing them off with...


...a rainbow touch (Air Heads Xtremes Sweetly Sour Belts), an idea they pulled generally, from several Google images.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

***Remember, we'll be drawing for our What's In The Bible giveaway, this afternoon. So, if you still want to get in on that, and haven't left a comment yet, click here, to find the post.***

8 comments:

Debbie said...

I haven't been around commenting as much this week. I love all your rainbow, March ideas.

Ticia said...

That looks very fun.

I'm wondering how my kids would react to very sour candy.......

Phyllis said...

LOL That's great!

Joyful Learner said...

K would love all your rainbow activities!

Pebblekeeper ~ Angie said...

What cutie cupcakes y'all made! I might think about this for the 17th. We'll see if run across rainbow tape.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

How fun! We read this book too, but Anna didn't like all the mischief :)

Christy Killoran said...

Very nice pot of gold treat! I'm sure my kids would love the sour candy on top.

Darcey said...

I love these! They are so cute and a great St. Patrick's Day snack. I've linked up to your post on my weekly favorites here: http://play2grow.blogspot.com/2011/03/weekly-favorites-for-march-6-2011.html