Thursday, March 10, 2011

Leprechaun Ears

I thought I'd be clever (that's never a good beginning), and make sets of leprechaun ears for the younger children. They've been exhibiting leprechaun-like behaviour anyway, so I figured they might as well look the part.

I cut sets out of green, fun foam, following a pattern, I'd seen on Make and Takes.


My first set was little big for E, but it didn't really matter, because the older children informed me they were goblin, not leprechaun ears, anyway. Some debate ensued on whether leprechauns have green, or normal skin colored ears, and whether their ears are pointed, or round.



Finally, we clicked over to the Lucky Charms website. Lucky should know - right? Well, not only are Lucky's ears skin colored, and round, there happens to be a movie making game on the site right now, that includes a goblin...with green...pointed...ears.

Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to be clever.

But, it's great to be a homeschooler.

6 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

Ha ha! Too funny. The ears are cute!

Debbie said...

The ears are cute! I had to laugh over how your children corrected your mistaken thought.

Ticia said...

The ears are very cute. These could be fun for the birthday party (my boys I mean)!

Phyllis said...

LOL!! I thought I was the only one who had such issues with my kids!!

Deborah said...

LOL - I would not have had any idea either!

Daycare Crafts said...

CUTE ears! I am always looking for new ideas for my home daycare. I have bookmarked your site.
Thanks,
Angela
http://www.daycareheadquarters.com