Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Paper Doll Notebook World

The girls were entertaining themselves quietly in their room yesterday, before company arrived. I stepped in, to put something away, and almost had a heat attack. There were bits, and pieces of paper spread all over their once clean floor.

I was getting ready to reprimand them, when I took a closer at the scraps of paper, and realized they weren't actually scraps. They were people...


...and dorm style apartments...


...with appropriately sized, and themed furniture, for the various occupants (all of the people above have their own rooms)...


...and party rooms, with lounge chairs around a pool...


...and school rooms (with kind of mean teachers).


Checking the time, I realized all four girls had been busy designing their little world for nearly two hours, with one spiral notebook, and a couple of pencils. Will someone remind me why we buy toys?

It's great to be a homeschooler.

15 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

That is fantastic!

Brimful Curiosities said...

They are very creative little girls!

Susan said...

Fantastic is the word I was going to use too :) Kids' imaginations are wonderful!!

Unknown said...

Well, I WONDER whom they get their creativity from...hmmmm...

Phyllis said...

Wow! That was very impressive...just like Mom.

Unknown said...

you would die of heart failure in my house- scissors, scraps, tape, knives, more cut paper, --- ALL the Time!

cute doll project!

Debbie said...

I love this! I often ask the same question about the toys, when Selena's toys sit in their bins untouched for days unless she dumps them on the floor looking for one specific little scrap of paper or cardboard that she has tucked away in that bin.

Ticia said...

I often wonder that myself.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is just so-so awesome! Your girls have definitely inherited your creativity!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I think I picked up my creativity from them :)

Anonymous said...

Don't you love when they do things like this all by themselves! I understand the almost heart attack though!

Mrs. Jones said...

I think are children are great teachers. God truly gives them great minds to expand on.. I agree with you with the toys. My kids love boxes.. I love your blog.

Elise said...

What a delightful surprise to discover. So much creativity, so much goodness.

RealMom4Life said...

Love it! My girls love paper dolls and they love drawing. They've never combined the two like this. I will show them this post and see what happens...

Joyful Learner said...

They are adorable! I definitely believe less is more in fostering creativity. We're still in the process of down-sizing.