Friday, April 2, 2010

Sugar Cookie Easter Church - Disaster?


I'm not sure if it was the scattered snow showers, outside, today, or the repurposed nativity scene in the living room, but I had a sudden urge to make a gingerbread house, tonight. Of course, this is spring, so I settled for a sugar cookie creation, instead. And, feeling ambitious, decided to try my hand at a church, for Easter (click here for the Gingerbread by Design, church template).






Unfortunately, sugar cookie dough spreads a bit more, while baking, than gingerbread, making the pieces a tricky fit. And, sugar cookies are pretty brittle, so they tend to break when they fall over.


But, the nice thing about working with sugar cookies is even as a pile of frosting covered rubble...


...they're still delicious. And, if nothing else, the Jolly Rancher, stained glass windows, turned out beautifully.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Just think of it as old church ruins from England! =)

Love the stained glass windows...
I wonder if lifesavers would work?!

Happy Easter weekend!

Ticia said...

I was going to say I bet the ruins were yummy to eat.

chris said...

Is it really a disaster if it tastes good? Happy Easter!