Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Grumpy Birds

I'm glad to say, we seem to be on the mend. Our "flu" ended up only consisting of one nasty night, and a slightly touchy day. Not too bad, really.

All that remains, is a tiny bit of queasiness, and six grumbly children, out of sorts, and suffering from cabin fever. Of course, now that they are feeling better, the weather has turned to yuck - rain - wind- snow - sun - rain - wind - snow. I'm actually beginning to suspect I'm not a fan of springtime.

Or, at least, I was starting to feel that way, before Jeremy Tankard's Grumpy Bird arrived in, at the library for us. The back of the book promises it is a "cure-all for a bad mood".

And, while I did enjoy reading to the children about the grouchy little bird, and his silly, happy friends, it was really the slew of matching, printable, activity sheets from Scholastic, that totally brightened my day.







It's great to be a homeschooler.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I am glad that everyone is on the mends! It sounds like we are having the same weather here!

Ticia said...

Don't send it our way, that's all I ask. We're finally settling down into decent weather, not the constant up and downs of migraines.
Glad to hear everyone is on the mend, and you reminded me I really need to check out Scholastic's website more.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I am glad that everyone is feeling better. I've never heard of Grumpy Birds before, but what an appropriate name for a bunch of kids on the mend. Funny picture of your youngest one too.

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

I love Grumpy Bird! I never thought about checking for printables... I'll have to think about that next time.

Anonymous said...

I am a four year old Preschool teacher. My class & I love all the Grumpy Bird books.Thank you for these wonderful ideas.I love this site and I am a big fan of handprint crafts:)