Thursday, October 21, 2010

Crocheted Candy Corn

What's cuter than crocheted candy corn?


Crocheted candy corn with faces.


To make these sweet fellows, I followed a free pattern from Lion Brand Yarn. You might have to give them an email address to view the pattern, but it is free, and it doesn't seem to generate too much junk mail.

It's a great beginner project, and very easy to add a face to...


...before stuffing, and sewing up.


I used felt scraps, and yarn for the faces...


...and also some buttons...


...and sew on googly eyes.


If you make one for a baby, or toddler, I'd suggest sticking with the felt, or using safety eyes, to minimize the choking hazard. Since, I don't think my 13 year old will try to chew off the buttons, I used up whatever I could find in my pre-Christmas crafting stock up time, closet.



As I said, the pattern is simple, and very good for beginners. Though it does require paying attention (and not trying to do six other things at once), as you can see from the variation in my candy corn.

It's great to be homeschooler.

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Your Candy Corn turned out so cute!

Ticia said...

Awwwww....... So cute!

Marcee said...

Very cute!! They remind me of veggie tales. Would they be considered vegetables?

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Wherever you find time for all this??? You are incredible.

Unknown said...

Coolio! I wonder if I can get Gavin to try to make these.... I can only knit, but Gavin can crochet a little.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Marcee - I don't think they count as a vegetable, but "CandyTales" sound like a show we might watch :)

Raising a Happy Child - You have to remember, I do this as a full time job - think about all the things you accomplish at work each week - and a few crocheted candy corn probably don't seem as impressive.

Christy Killoran said...

They are so cute. Not only do I have no clue how to sew, but I also have not the foggiest idea how to crochet. Sigh.

Marcee said...

Raising a Happy Child- I don't think she sleeps much. I don't work either, and have half as many kids, and don't get near the stuff done that she does with her kids.

Phyllis said...

They are so adorable!
And I agree with the rest of you. She must not sleep.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Phyllis and Marcee - I do sleep - actually rather like a rock, but I also consume large amounts of sugar during the day.

Kylie said...

Oh wow these are the cutest.