Friday, January 22, 2010

Valentine's Candy Corn



I was supposed to be working on our tax forms last night, but of course, I ended up needing a form I didn't have. The library, where the forms are, was closed for the evening, and I could have printed it off of the the IRS's website, if the children hadn't colored on all my printer paper...

So, I made another batch of candy corn, instead.


I've used this recipe, from Home Made Dessert Recipes, a few times now, with pretty good success. I've only had one batch fail (you might have noticed the absence of a Christmas candy corn post), but that was due to a total lack of attention, on my part. If you measure carefully, and follow the directions, as they are written, it is an excellent recipe.

For this Valentine batch (please excuse the really bad, night time, house lit photo, the candy is much prettier in real life), I added five drops of strawberry extract to the red, and pink, and...YUM. I'm really pleased with the results.

Not quite as good as a tax return (remember I have six children!), but then there's no tedious form to fill out for this treat, either.




It's great to be a homeschooler.

2 comments:

Just an Average American Mom said...

Very cute! Might try that and then again maybe not. Time is always a factor!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I am so not looking forward to doing my tax return. Maybe I'd better avoid it for a while and try something sweet instead of something sour :)