Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Spaghetti and Meatball Cookie Fiasco

I thought I could be pretty clever today, and turn left over Christmas sugar cookies from the freezer, into a "spaghetti and meatball" treat for the kids to enjoy after watching "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs". You can click here, to see the basic idea, in cupcake form, that I was going for.


Unfortunately, I started the cookies too late in the evening, so I was in a hurry to get them done before the children's bedtime, which meant I didn't give them time to cool before adding the frosting noodles.



You can kind of see on the first cookie we made, the look I wanted. But the warm cookies quickly melted the frosting into a formless blob, and we didn't quite end up covering all the Christmas sprinkles, and I didn't pay enough attention to the cupcake instructions - you're supposed to dip the candy "meatballs" in strawberry jam, not pour strawberry jam over the entire thing.


Not exactly spaghetti and meatballs, but at least they were tasty - and hey, the movie was good.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

3 comments:

EmbeeArqam said...

Haha, I love the movie~! and while the cuppycakes have a very non sweet, spaghetti and meatbally look, i think your cookies have it just the same. The cookie base is more like a plate so serve the dish, and they still look yummy. ^_^ keep up the great work!

Annette W. said...

Oh, that's clever!

Ticia said...

but I bet it still tasted good.