Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thriller and Suspense Reading Challenge 2010

The L.M. Montgomery Reading Challenge for 2010, is drawing to a close. I still have one more Montgomery title, I hope to have read before the end of the week, but after that it will be time to move on. I guess, I could keep reading Montgomery's works on my own, just for fun, and I may, but there are so many other great reading challenges going on, that I'd hate to miss out on too.

L. M. Montgomery Reading Challenge


Like, for instance, the Thriller & Suspense Reading Challenge, being hosted by Book Chick City. The timeline for the challenge is January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010, and the challenge is to read 12 thrillers in 2010.


Just in case you thought it was too late to join in a reading challenge this year, it's not, many reading challenges are open for the entire year (Abi, at 4 the Love of Books, has a listing of 30 reading challenges, going on right now). And, don't worry if you don't have a blog, many of the challenges make allowance for that. Reading challenges are a fun way to meet up with new-to-you authors, and characters, and the bloggers who love them. Not to mention the fact, that many of the challenges offer prizes along the way!

So, it's one more week of Anne Shirley, and her small fry for me, and then look out Laura Childs, Agatha Christie, and you other mystery writers, here I come!

It's great to be a homeschooler.

2 comments:

Ticia said...

I wonder what they would consider a thriller and suspense book. I'll have to go check it out.

Renaissance Mom said...

I think I've read all of LM Montgomery's works. My favorite is "Blue Castle". Yiu should definitely read this one. It's about a young woman who is not treated well by her family. They all expect her to be an old maid, and she is continually compared to her "beautiful" cousin. She isn't feeling well, so she secretly visits the doctor in town that is not her family's doctor. He tells her that she is dying and only has a short time, so she decides to "seize the day" and make some drastic changes in her life much to the consternation of her family. It has a good love story, and a wonderfully happy ending.