Friday, January 29, 2010

Hearts for Math

I decided to take advantage of the little ones' enthusiasm for Valentine's Day, by cutting foam hearts for their math exercises.

I envisioned nonstandard measurement...


...patterns, and sorting, addition, and subtraction, and all that sort of thing. Then later, maybe I'd punch some holes in them, and turn them into lacing cards.

But, the children decided as math manipulatives, foam hearts make pretty good bath toys.


We now have the most romantic tub in town.


I wonder if I could work it into a science lesson?


It's great to be a homeschooler.

2 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

OMG, this made me laugh. At least your bath looks very pretty, and you can still make them count all those hearts.

Ticia said...

Nice, that's what my kids would do.