Friday, November 12, 2010

Turkey Toast

When I saw the "Tom Turkey" toast on Little Nummies (a great site for creative sandwich ideas, by the way), I knew the kids would love it.

Our version has:
  • pretzel legs
  • a peanut butter toast body
  • plain toast beak
  • a Craisin snood
  • banana, and chocolate chip eyes (you could use raisins)
  • and toast spread with apple butter, and homemade cranberry jelly for the feathers.

It turns out homemade cranberry sauce, or jelly, is extremely quick, and easy to make. But, you'll have to come back later, to read about that.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

7 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

That is adorable!!!!!!

I'll have to go check out some of those sandwiches. I have never heard of that site.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Second turkey sandwich in my blog reader today. Thanksgiving must be really coming :)

Joyful Learner said...

Now, this is something I can do! Thanks! It's adorable!

Debbie said...

This is so cute. Looks pretty yummy to me.

phasejumper said...

Cute! Thanks for the link, I LOVE themed food!

Ticia said...

Very cute, and totally heading over there. I need some ideas for original sandwiches. I feel like we're in a rut.

Fairion said...

Froggy is so having this for breakfast one morning this week. Thanks for the ideas.