Thursday, November 4, 2010

Turkey Bean Bag


Ready for a game of turkey toss?


Well, first you're going to need a turkey bean bag.


Start by cutting the pieces out of felt. You'll need two circles (roughly large mug sized) for the body, two feet pieces, two wing pieces, two eye pieces, two pupil pieces, two half circle eye lids, so your turkey will have that relaxed "I really don't care" kind of attitude, one small triangle for the beak, one tear drop shaped snood, and two tail feather pieces, one shorter than the other, and both the diameter of the circles, at the bottom.

Sew these pieces together, as shown. If you have some good fusible iron on stuff, or fabric glue, that might work, too.


Then, sandwiching the leg, and feather pieces between the circles, sew the two circles together...


...leaving a hole for stuffing with dried beans. This is not a toy for babies, or toddlers, who might rip it open, and choke on the filling.


Finish sewing it up. You might want to stitch around a couple of times to reinforce the seams, and your ready to play. Now all you need is a bucket.


Of course, if you don't have a bucket, it's also good for playing turkey in the middle, with your little brother.


Or, for throwing at the lady with the camera.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

10 comments:

Phyllis said...

Oh, that is so cute! I love the bean-bag turkey! I imagine it could be used for lots of games at Thanksgiving.
(I can't believe how much clean white you have in your house.)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

OK, even an uncrafty me is thinking how easy it would be to make this turkey. It also looks like fun!

Debbie said...

That is such a cute bean bag! Selena would have a blast playing this game, she loves her bean bags!

Christy Killoran said...

I think I could actually make that! I love it. I'm adding it to my to do list. I hope I get to it!!

I was thinking the same thing about how clean and white your house is!!

Your girls all have such pretty, long hair. Do they ever ask to cut it?

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Christy (and Phyllis) - The white (it's really cream) was the choice of the Man of the House - it looks very pretty when it's clean - but that's not as often as it should be :)

The girls do have long hair. So far they haven't wanted to cut it - I'm figuring that will come with their teen years.

Kate said...

That is so cute! Hmm, I might have to add that to my to do list. Thanks for sharing!

Ticia said...

Wow! You caught the picture of it in mid-air.

I'm thinking this could be really popular, thanks for sharing it.

Kayte said...

Adorable. My kids would love this. Thanks for sharing.

erin said...

These are adorable. I love the turkey bean bag. I think my little ones need one.

Leah said...

This is really cute and I have two teenagers who might just be interested in this project. But, did you know that turkeys actually have blue eyes? At least our turkeys do. They look black because they have huge pupils, but if you catch them just right, they are blue ;-) Happy Thanksgiving!