Friday, August 27, 2010

Water Painting With Shapes - Math Fun for Young Children

Yesterday, while it was still good, and hot, we took our math lesson outside, with a bucket of water, and a couple of kitchen sponges, that I cut into various shapes.


The little ones played at making patterns on the driveway...


...and turned the shapes into pictures.


The best part was, they thought they were having a good, sloppy, painting kind of time, but within minutes after we were back inside, the entire "mess", had evaporated away.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Ooh, I like this idea...

Phyllis said...

How simple and yet wonderful! Quentin wants to try this!

Joyful Learner said...

I've been wanting to do this for some time...was waiting for the hot day. And then the hot days came and I completely forgot about it! Thanks for reminding me!

Christy Killoran said...

I love messes that disappear all by themselves!

Ticia said...

Ooohhhhh, we should do this. Something nice and wet for these HOT Texas days.

Debbie said...

Just the type of messy fun that we all can love!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Brilliant idea! I think daughter will love it a lot - thanks for sharing it.