Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Summer Fun - Water Games

We're trying to stuff all the hot weather fun we can into our last, few, waning days of summer. We had our first frost warning last night, already! But, yesterday afternoon was plenty warm enough to pull out the hose, with spray nozzle attached, for a few quick rounds of water limbo (thanks to A Magical Childhood)...


...water hurdles...


...water freeze tag, better known as big sister's target practice...


...and of course...


...chasing rainbows.

It's great to be a homeschooler, anytime of year. But it's just fantastic, to be a child, in the summer.

6 comments:

Ticia said...

I need to remember my kids want to play in the sprinklers.

We've got at least another month of 90+ degree weather. This past week it's been over 100 after dark.

Christy Killoran said...

We are trying to hold on to the summer too. It has been raining since we got home from NH, but the next few days are supposed to be nice.

I like the idea of water limbo and hurdles! I have never thought of doing that.

Debbie said...

They keep saying our weather is going to change, but so far the sunshine has been hanging in there. Yesterday, got pretty warm. Nice end to our gloomy summer!

The kids look like they are having so much fun!

Lady Chadwick said...

Heh, that is kinda ironic to me. I am making a list of summer fun ideas, but none of them will start till well into September, after the pool closes. Now every chance we get we go swimming.

Different climate different rules for 'summer'

Your house sounds like nonstop fun and good food :)

Phyllis said...

Oh, that is so funny. I just posted our water fun games we played and then I thought I would check out what my bloggy friends have been up to and saw this. How fun!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Your post made me want to go to the pool again! We had our hottest week last week, and I am still hoping for another week of summer here.