Saturday, August 14, 2010

Another Back To School Post

It's that time of year again, and even almost unschoolers have to get organized. It's difficult to know what supplies to stock up on, if you don't know what you already have. And, there's nothing worse than needing a dictionary, atlas, or even a ruler, and not being able to find it (thank goodness for the Internet!).



Once a year, preferably when the Man of the House is away on business, I like to pull all of our school/craft/science supplies out, and sort through them.

I print out new math charts from aaamath.com, for the bit of our school year, that isn't unschooled, make sure I have quiz cards, spelling games, workbooks, history units, and foreign language tools in easy reach, and restock the supplies that are getting low. That last one's going to take a trip to a Walmart, or Michaels, or such, but at least now I can see what we need.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

6 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I cannot imagine how you do such a major reorganization project with 6 kids underfoot. I am always trying to organize when daughter in not around (and the Man of the House is not there either)

The Wohlleb Family said...

My kitchen table looked like that the other day. We are not homeschoolers but I am in love with 25 cent boxes of crayons and 19 cent notebooks from target. I get so giddy over new school stuff. Our arts and crafty/school supply closet is now filled and organized and fingers crossed I can keep it that way for at least a little bit! Good luch in the upcomming (un)school year ;)

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Raising a Happy Child - Lots of cartoons, and a trail of twinkies leading them away from the kitchen!

Joyful Learner said...

I just went to Staples and Target and still need to make a trip to Michaels. My dining room is right now a mess and I need to get it straightened up before going out to dinner tonight! Love the plastic organizer handing on the closet door!

Ticia said...

My house is a HUGE mess that I need to get in order before this Thursday (partially because I need to know what to buy on tax free weekend, partially to have a Star Wars marathon in honor of Sam's birthday).

Christy Killoran said...

I love organizational posts!

We use those shoe pocket holders for a lot of things too, but haven't used them for school supplies. Great idea.