Friday, July 18, 2014

Summer Fun 2014 - Window Marker Grid Drawing


D (age 11) has been enjoying the latest series of grid drawing, dinosaur tutorials from Art Projects for Kids.

Wanting to get the girls in on the fun, I was just thinking about measuring out another sidewalk chalk grid on the patio, when I realized we have a ready made grid on the windows.


It's been a while since we've used our window markers, and there was quite a bit of forest fire smoke hanging in the air outside, so the girls were happy enough to stay inside, and decorate the dining room.


It was a lot of coloring, but worth it...


...to have the appearance of a dinosaur on the deck outside, during dinner.

5 comments:

MaryAnne said...

This is fabulous!

claireshomeeducation said...

Ha! What a great idea! We've got grids on our upstairs window, although I've never managed to find window markers. I wonder if Amazon sell them....

Barb @ A Life in Balance said...

What a cool idea! I wish we had similar windows!

Ticia said...

I always pin her art lessons and then do nothing with them, now I have something to do with them.

Bethany said...

This is terrific. We just did the chalk grid that you did. We'll have to try this as well!!