Monday, April 14, 2014

Holy Week - Easter Story in "Stained Glass" with Window Markers

I found a few printable, Easter themed, "stained glass" coloring sheets online, and thought they'd be perfect to cut out, and tape to the outside of our entryway window panes (I'll need to be cleaning them next week anyway)...


...so I could trace them onto the glass with a washable marker...


...for the children to color in with window markers, recreating the Easter story from the Triumphal Entry (click the links to go to the coloring sheets)...


...to the Last Supper...


...the Crucifixion...


...the Resurrection...


...and the Ascension.


It was hard to get good shots of the windows, but they're really striking with the sun shining through, and a fun reminder of what we're celebrating this week.

The only drawback is that now I have to convince the Man of the House to use the backdoor for the rest of the week, in the mornings, so he won't let in any cold morning air to condense on the warms windows and run through the pictures.  The children are standing by with their markers, ready to play touch-up crew - just in case.

***NOTE*** The Man of the House not wanting to use the back door, I decided to try taping plastic wrap over the opening of the window sill, before he opened the door.  It wasn't well sealed, but proved enough of an insulator to keep condensation from forming.  Art and science - how great is that!

4 comments:

Phyllis said...

They turned out really well!!

Dawn said...

What a fantastic idea.
Blessings, Dawn

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

They look amazing! Can't see my Man of the House agreeing on window drawings though - so far I've been unable to convince him :)

Ticia said...

They look great. I have yet to convince Jeff we should draw on the windows. I wonder if I tried Vis A Vis or Dry erase....