Thursday, July 5, 2012

Scented Bubble Solution - Simple Summer


 I was still reeling from my "duh" moment with the frozen yogurt pops, when the girls asked me to refill their empty bubble containers.  Normally, I follow the traditional recipes, that call for dish washing soap. But this time, I decided to grab some Suave body wash - it's inexpensive, easy to come by (in the States, anyway), and comes in a large variety of wonderful scents (many of which sound more like something delicious to eat, than something to wash with).

Not being sure if it would work well for bubble blowing, I started small, and mixed up two sample/party favor size bottles.

They each hold about nine teaspoons worth of bubble solution, which I made by adding one teaspoon of body wash to 1/2 teaspoon of corn syrup in the bottles, before filling them the rest of the way with water.



The body wash worked as well as any dish soap I've ever used for making bubbles, and the girls loved the pretty scents.  It really added to the whole bubble blowing experience. And, it's another one I can't believe I hadn't thought to try before.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

6 comments:

Phyllis said...

I never have heard of it, so I don't think it was obvious! Wonderful idea!

Ticia said...

That is super simple and it would smell wonderful. BRILLIANT!

Brimful Curiosities said...

Sweet Pea Bubbles - marvelous!

Christy Killoran said...

Good to know!!!

EagleNestMom said...

Add corn syrup? Really? I've been wondering what to do with my corn syrup, and my 2 littles are always begging for bubbles.

I'll have to try this!!!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

What a great idea!