Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Chocolate Dipped Frozen Banana Cream Pops


Chop and freeze bananas...


...and blend the frozen bits...


...as per usual for making the single ingredient (or two ingredient, if you have to add a bit of milk to the blender to get things started) banana "ice cream".


Spoon the "ice cream" into popsicle molds and back into the freezer for several hours to freeze into shape.


Dip the frozen banana cream pops into a ice cream shell coating...




...and place them back into the freezer for a few minutes, to let the shells get good and cold (an upside down egg carton, trimmed to fit the freezer door, makes a handy popsicle holder)...


...and you have chocolate dipped frozen bananas, that you can eat without breaking a tooth.



It's great to be a homeschooler.

Not that you have to be a homeschooler to eat chocolate dipped frozen banana cream pops (doesn't that just roll off the tongue?)  But, I always end my posts that way, and it would feel weird not to type it.  Besides, it is great to be a homeschooler.

5 comments:

Joyful Learner said...

I am so making this, especially since I have all the ingredients on hand! I also agree with you...it's great to be a homeschooler!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Ooh, this looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Kendra said...

Genius. Now I wonder if my Zoku will freak out over frozen banana like it does coconut.. Sounds like a project for this afternoon..

sarah in the woods said...

Great idea! Doing this soon.

Ticia said...

I wonder how my kids would respond to it........