Saturday, July 14, 2012

Banana Split on a Stick


I don't have any tempting pictures to lure you into this post, because these treats were gobbled up faster than I could photograph them.

It occurred to me, as I was preparing to make another batch of chocolate covered banana cream pops, that if I started out with a maraschino cherry in each popsicle mold...


...followed by a dollop of whipped cream...


...and topped with pureed frozen banana "ice cream" mixed with three or four tablespoons of pineapple sundae topping...


...along with five or six stemmed, and smashed strawberries stirred in...


...before it's spooned into the molds on top of the whip cream and cherries...


...frozen...


....and dipped in chocolate shell coating, like their plain banana predecessors, I'd have something so tasty, so like a banana split, that well...


...it would disappear, before I could even get a decent picture to remember it by.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

6 comments:

Ticia said...

It certainly would here.......

Phyllis said...

Oh, yes, yes, give me some! (But you cannot call "whipped topping" by the name "whipped cream". They are entirely different. I am just saying.)

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Phyllis - I can pretend it was whipped cream - can't I? It would have been, but I used up all my cream for some other snack, earlier in the week :)

Phyllis said...

Yes, okay you can pretend and since it was frozen when you ate it, one might not be able to tell...much. :)

Anonymous said...

What a creative yummy idea! My kids would love these! and me too lol :p Thanks for sharing!

Keri - A Roadschooling mom of 2 lil explorers

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Wow - I would eat it this right away too! Yum!