Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Polly Pocket Type Twist and Match Craft



The craftivitiy I put together to go along with C's Polly Pocket themed birthday was a lot easier to assemble, than I think it's going to be to explain, so I'll let the pictures do as much of the talking as I can in this post.

Basically, I started, ahead of time, by finding several printable Polly Pocket type coloring sheets, that had pictures of individual characters, or from which I could cut and crop a single character out, printing them "wallet sized", marked to "fit the frame".

I cut them out, so I had four or five sets of different legs, torsos, and heads for each girl doing the craft...


...to be able to pick and choose outfits for four girls, and then assemble them onto...


...sheets of paper, cut (also ahead of time) a little shorter vertically, and a little longer horizontally, than a toilet paper tube...




I used the wallet sized printouts of the coloring pictures to divide, and mark the cut paper sheets into thirds, proportioning the sections for heads, torsos and legs, and I folded each sheet, to divide it into fourths, not including the extra longer-than-the-toilet-paper-tube bit, for the girls to use as a guide for gluing on their pieced together fashion designs onto.


Then, once the children had put together, and colored in four of the girls, in outfits of their choosing, I cut the sheets apart, along the horizontal lines, and taped the pieces around (not to) extra toilet paper tubes (one per child)...


...so they could twist and interchange outfits for each of their four girls, in a mix-and-match Polly Pocket kind of way.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You have amazing patient cutting skills...Whew!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Wonder Mom - I poured a cup of coffee, turned on an episode of Murder, She Wrote, and started cutting - it was actually kind of relaxing :)

Ticia said...

I agree with Wonder Mom, amazing patience. Of course I think I've done similar obsessive levels of cutting for my magnetic paper dolls, only I'm guessing I was watching Stargate or Star Trek.......

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Ticia - Just finished watching through all the Star Treks, so I have to find something else to watch for a month or so before beginning them over again.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is so clever!