Friday, November 5, 2010

Turkey (Shaped) Sandwiches


Start with apple, and orange slice feathers, and cheese legs.


Add, a round sandwich of your choice. Cut the bread with a large glass, save the left over pieces, to dry for Thanksgiving stuffing.


Use a flattened piece of crust, for a head.


Cut a triangle of cheese for the beak...


...raisin halves for eyes, and a piece of fruit roll up, or craisin if you have one, for a snood.


(Place gobble related pun here).

It's great to be a homeschooler.

12 comments:

Phyllis said...

That is so cute. We made fruit salad breakfasts with pears for the body similar to this last year, but I think that this is even cuter!

Ticia said...

And then gobble it down.......

Unknown said...

...or gobble it up! :0)

Anonymous said...

Beyond cute! I'm putting this on my list to do this week. Thanks for sharing.

April said...

Those are sooo cute!!!

Natural-mente said...

Hello, i like very much your sandwiches.
I was looking around when i found your blog, and guess what?? I´m a happy homeschool mom too, haha.
I have to come back very soon to see all your blog.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

What fun. I enjoy your tutorial posts very much!

Kate said...

Those are so cute!

Margot said...

I love these! I shared them on my Little Lunches facebook page! They are adorable.

Jackie Higgins said...

These are so cute. We've been making cute turkey crafts and now my 2 year old seems totally freaked out about "eating the turkey" for thanksgiving! Maybe these will help!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

These are so cute! I love the cheese legs. I'll be linking.

Unknown said...

Just made these with a group of toddlers. They weren't impressed with all the lovely hard work we (moms) put into their creations but enjoyed taking them apart and eating their favorite parts. This is a creative way to present food to them and we'll be doing this again!