Monday, November 29, 2010

Jingle Craft Foam Christmas Bracelets


We had some fun decking the halls, or at least our wrists, today, with a simple idea from First Palette.

They have a great step-by-step, but basically, you just cut a strip of craft foam long enough to go around the wrist in question.

Then, choose buttons, or bells, or bobbles to sew on.


Use a pen to poke holes through the craft foam, where you will sew the buttons.


If the holes on your buttons, or bells will allow, you can let children sew the buttons, and bells on with a piece of ribbon, and a darning (not sharp) needle.


Or, if the holes are small, and you have to use a regular, sharp, needle, you poke it through for the child, and let them pull it tight (C, age 4, really enjoyed this process).



Or, have an older sister do the sewing. A (age 9), and G (age 11) have made several Christmas bracelets, for themselves, and their pets (then they are collars), already this morning.


Help the children tie a knot in one end of the string, or ribbon, and a loop at the other end of the bracelet...


...to hook over the button, or bell, on the other side, as a fastener.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

5 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

Great craft! I'm sure we will be making these.

Debbie said...

You have done some great crafts with your children while I have been away! I love them all, and these bracelets are so cute!

Ticia said...

I know 3 kids who would love this and I have lots of foam

Unknown said...

Oh, my kiddos would LOVE to adorn their stuffed animals with such fancy collars- fun!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I tried a couple of sewing projects with Anna only to realize that I am be the one doing all the work. I can't wait until she is older and more enthusiastic about sewing.