Friday, February 18, 2011

March Lion and Lamb Reversible Paper Plate Craft


After the girls were done painting the egg cups for our daffodils, the younger girls still had quite a bit of yellow paint left on their paper plates. They wanted to know if they could paint the plates.

I said sure, and then started trying to figure out what we could turn them into. We had just made a sun craft, so I was thinking of maybe, smiley faces. But, then I remembered the lion masks I saw over at Superheroes and Princesses, which reminded me it's about time for another in-like-a-lion-out-like-a-lamb craft.

So, I poured out a little extra red, orange and brown paint, for the girls to add lion manes, and ferocious faces to their yellow plates.


Then today, when the paint was dry, we returned with black crayons...


...to draw lamb faces, and curly wool, on the back.


I punched a hole through the plates, near the top, so we'll be able to hang them by the calendar, when we turn the page to March.

Now we're ready, no matter how the month comes in...


...or goes out.


We just have to turn each plate to the right side.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

6 comments:

Joyful Learner said...

How cute! Is it almost March already? I think K will really like this craft. I might have to do it when her friend comes over. Maybe add some cotton balls for the lamb?

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Those lions are oh so ferocious! I hope March brings better weather.

Debbie said...

This is such a cute idea. If our weather keeps up like it is we will need a lion to bring March in.

Elle Belles Bows said...

Love the craft! Cute and easy! Kerri

Ticia said...

I love their lions. Super cute

Christy Killoran said...

That is a great craft! I love the way their lions came out.