Sunday, February 13, 2011

Heart Shaped Cake Cookies


Use the standard cake cookie recipe (I don't know who to credit it to - it's all over the place now).



Mix:

  • 1 cake mix, minus three tablespoons (any flavor, but I like chocolate)

  • 2 eggs

  • 1/3 cup of oil


It makes a thick dough, that can easily be pressed into a small, heart shaped cookie cutter, on a greased cookie sheet.


Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 minutes (remove the cookie cutter first). The cookies grow quite a bit, so I stuck with the small cookie cutter, except for a couple large hearts for the Man of the House, because I'm romantic that way ;)


Eat warm out of the oven for chocolaty, gooey, goodness. Or, allow to cool completely, spread with frosting, and sandwich together...


...for a special Valentine's treat.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

10 comments:

Sandra (Sam) said...

Hmmm... was gonna make a heart shaped cake tomorrow but this looks more interesting!

mom4 said...

thanks look yummy this is the only way i make cookies anymore , my children would be impressed !

Christy Killoran said...

I still haven't made cake cookies. I have to do it soon.

You are such a romantic! I loved that.

Debbie said...

These truly look so yummy!

Ticia said...

that looks dangerously yummy.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Sweet, very sweet! Chocolate cake cookies would go over really well in our house.

Phyllis said...

Yum!

Unknown said...

Of COURSE the Man of the House deserves a bigger cookie! :0)

Claire said...

I made these and I LOVE them thank you!!!!!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Claire - Terrific!