Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mad Libs - Grammar With A Grin



Don't you just love Mad Libs?

  • Parts of speech
  • Vocabulary
  • Spelling
  • Verb tenses
  • Creative writing
  • and, if you're under the age of 12...




...complete, and total hilarity.

Have you checked out the Mad Libs, lately? They have all kinds of new themes. The favorites in our house right now are Star Wars, Clone Wars, and Indiana Jones. And, when the books are full, they just beg for a make-your-own follow-up.

Every grammar lesson should be so much fun.



For more ideas on making writing an educational, but enjoyable experience for your children, check out this week's Writer's World link-up at Giggles and Crayons.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so funny that you posted about this- I am planning on doing some Valentine Mad Libs with the kiddos soon...

ANYTHING that makes grammar funny is a wonderful tool in my book!

Christy Killoran said...

I used to love Mad Libs. I wonder if C is old enough for them.

April said...

I used to love Mad Libs when I was a kid...of course I never knew that I was learning the parts of speech. Genius!

Thanks for linking up!

Ticia said...

I put mad libs on my phone they're wildly popular here

Debbie said...

This is the first time I have heard of Mad Libs...will have to check it out.

Susan said...

We definitely love Mad Libs here too!