Saturday, January 1, 2011

Recycled Calendars

I realized last week I hadn't picked up a 2011 calendar, yet. I don't know about you, but I can't bring myself to buy a calendar the last week in December, knowing full well, they'll be half price within a few weeks. For some reason, though, I find it depressing to start the new year without hanging a new calendar.

After checking my old stash of calendars (I keep them for the pictures), I discovered 2005 was a match, date-wise, to 2011. Problem solved.

We'll use the 2005 calendar until the 2011's go down to half price, and then it can be stored back away. This one, has special significance for us, because 2005 was the year we moved to Montana, with E as a baby. That year, with the move, and stress of a new baby, we had neglected to buy a baby book, so I recorded all of E's little events on the wall calendar - this calendar.



So, hanging it now not only has the benefit of getting us through the gap, until we pick up a new one, it's also a little walk back in time.



It's great to be a homeschooler.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

what a sweet remembrance...

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

How fascinating - both about the year match and also about the importance of 2005 calendar. My husband always makes homemade calendars for friends and family - this is our traditional Christmas gift.

Ticia said...

What a neat memory. I'm horrid at switching calendars to the correct month

Christy Killoran said...

How sweet! Nice idea to use that calendar for now. It must be nice to look back at those special moments. I never buy calendars; we use the free ones we get from charities. We also have a big dry erase calendar in our kitchen for the current month.

Jackie Higgins said...

I would have never thought to use a 2005 calendar. Brilliant.