Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Fabulous Award

Debbie over at Children Grow, Children Explore, Children Learn passed an interesting award on to me, this week. Thank you Debbie!

I hate to say it, but I'm terribly, terribly behind on accepting, and passing along awards. So, if you've given me one in the last little while, please know I do appreciate them, I just haven't taken the time to truly discover new blogs to pass them on to.

The rules of this award are a little different:

1. State three destinations you'd like to visit, and tell why.

2. Pass the award along, if you'd like, to as many blogs as you'd like.

I'll opt out of officially passing the award along for now. I'm up to my chin in books, and supplies tonight, trying to prep for the "official" beginning of our winter term (it's a lot less formal than that sounds, but I do like to make sure we have a good supply of books, games, software and such on hand, and ready to go).

As for the places I'd like to visit, narrowing them to three is extremely difficult. There are so many interesting places out there. I can name three places I'd like to visit right here in Montana.

1. I'd like to finish visiting the museums on the Montana Dinosaur Trail, for instance. So far we've been to five of the fifteen, and they're spread all over the state, so we could be at it for a while yet.



2. Pompeys Pillar near Billings (pictures from Wikipedia). It's 200 year old graffiti, from the Corp of Discovery. I worry about rattlesnakes, but walking in the footsteps of history might be worth the risk.



3. The Ringing Rocks near Butte. Watch the video, they are so cool.






So, what three destinations would you choose?

It's great to be a homeschooler.

8 comments:

Elise said...

It's fascinating to know that if a boulder is removed from the formation it does not chime. I can imagine our family with hammers in hand, having a ball there.

We would also like to visit some places in our own "backyard" - The Great Barrier Reef and also do The great ocean Road drive.

Christy Killoran said...

Okay, now I really want to visit Montana.

I have to write my post too. Somehow, I have to pick just three places!!! That is a challenge.

Debbie said...

I love your choices. I would love to come and explore some more in Montana. I loved it there when I lived in Libby for a while.

Ticia said...

That is very cool! There are so many amazing places to visit in this world.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

So neat! I would love to see any of those, but I especially would love to go see Ringing Rocks. Very cool!!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

It's interesting to see how both you and Debbie chose "local" destinations. I am dreaming of places far away - like India, New Zealand and Egypt :)

Marcee said...

Wow that looks like a Fun field trip! How far away is it from you?

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Marcee - The ringing rocks are a day trip, but the others would be overnighters.