I received the Versatile Blogger Award from Phyllis at All Things Beautiful, and from Jolly Green Mommy a couple of weeks ago. I hope you'll take a minute, and check out their very fine blogs.
The conditions for accepting the award?
- Thank the person/people who gave it to you. Yes, of course, thank you, thank you, thank you!
- Tell 7 things yourself.
- Pass the award on to 15 bloggers, who you have recently discovered, and think are fantastic.
- My father died when I was 9, and that event has had a major impact on who I am today.
- I graduated from a small private high school, which not only did not allow dancing, or movies, but also had a six inch rule for boys, and girls (you weren't to be closer than six inches to the opposite sex - and yes, they checked it with a ruler!).
- I'm really looking forward to turning 40 this year. So far, each decade has been better than the last.
- Douglas Adams is my favorite satirist, I'm especially fond of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, though I generally don't recommend him, because he borders, too often, on sacrilege, but his humor is very sharp.
- I'm one of those silly, middle-brained people, who can't decide if they like math or literature better.
- My favorite Jolly Rancher, or Laffy Taffy flavor is green apple.
- I wear my hair in a bun, because early in our marriage, my husband and I agreed, I wouldn't cut my hair short, if he wouldn't shave off his beard - and I really like his beard.
Dagmar's Momsense - She posted a picture of her son in front of a fortune teller machine (like from Big) recently, with a caption, that made me chuckle.
Moonstruck Mommy - You absolutely have to read her post entitled, "Um... Who WOULDN'T Want a Koala??"
Hallee The Homemaker - Who suggests three chores you should do every morning before your first sip of coffee, and I couldn't agree more (except I'd add a fourth - throw a load of laundry in).
Joy of Desserts - Need I say more?
Wholesome Womanhood - Written by three sisters, with the fresh perspective of young adults.
Minivans Are Hot - Almost (almost), made me wish I had watched Lost.
Sunny Day Today Mama - If her beautiful photos don't make you want to spend more time outside, then nothing will.
Clay In His Hands - Made a trip to Walmart, and the grocery store with her three daughters, ages 2 and under, and still had the energy left to post about the experience!
Stacy's Random Thoughts - Because, I'm always happy to meet other people who also went to small, private, high schools, were dancing was forbidden, and proms were unheard of.
Not So Ordinary Girls - Just started a new tradition of Ice Cream For Dinner, to celebrate the end of the school year/beginning of summer - what fun!
Stacy Says - Has a fantastic, "Friday Films" feature, I've really been enjoying.
Into the Wind - Had a nice post recently, that made me look for the positives during these dreary, gray, spring days.
Many Little Blessings - A homeschool mom of three, with a wealth of household tips.
Jodilightful! - Find out what happens when you put homemade laundry soap (you know the stuff), in a front loader machine.
For the Love of Naps - From whom I got the idea to cut pancakes for children quickly, by using a pizza cutter - brilliant!
It's great to be a (mommy-blogging) homeschooler.