Monday, May 17, 2010

Cookie Dogs


The idea for tonight's snack came from The Happy Homebaker. Her cookie dogs were cuter - a little more round, and apparently crunchy. But, she used Milo, and Horlicks (powdered drink mixes, I'm guessing) in her dough, and a cereal called Koko Krunch, for the ears, none of which I had available.

So, it was back to sugar cookie dough.


With, a little baker's cocoa added into the last bit, to make brown, for the ears. It's truly amazing, how many different cookies can be made, using a combination of plain, and chocolate sugar cookie doughs.


We finished them up with chocolate sprinkle eyes, and chocolate chip noses.


And, when they came out of the oven, I was reminded almost instantly, of The Poky Little Puppy, which clearly, I'm going to have to pick up, from the library, in the morning.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

7 comments:

Ticia said...

Those are way too cute, and the Poky Little Puppy would go perfectly with it.

Cassie said...

Those are SO cute! I bet they were yummy too!

Erica said...

These are really cute. I will have to keep them in mind if I do a Pokey Little Puppy week.

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

It's official - I'm crowning you the sugar-cookie queen!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I agree with Christianne :) Yummy and cute!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Precious...have to do this with my four year old!!!
Good idea with Five in a Row!
Janette

Victoria said...

This is a great idea!! And I love how you modified the recipe to work with what you have!!