Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summer Fun Day 67 - Frozen Ocean Pops



These are sort of like the gummy bear popsicles you might have (or is that may have?) seen on Pinterest, or around the blogosphere, but with a maritime makeover.


We started by filling popsicle molds about 3/4 full with lemon-lime soda...


...stirring a drop of blue food coloring into each mold...


 ...then filling them with fruit snack sharks and...


...one fruit snack diver for each popsicle.



In retrospect we could have added one or two drops of food coloring right into the soda bottle for a lighter color blue.  Then, we could have placed our sharks and divers into the molds, and poured the soda right over top. Either way though, a frozen ocean is a fun summer treat.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

7 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Super fun. I am pinning it as a playdate surprise!

Jean said...

What a fun idea! I just found your blog about a week ago and am so wishing I'd found it earlier in the summer. You seem to have the best ideas on here.

Phyllis said...

How wonderful. I have made the blue jello with fish or shark gummies in them, but I have never seen them in ice pops. I have never seen making soda frozen pops either.

Christy Killoran said...

I made jello with fish in them and my kids wouldn't eat the fish because they got slimy - do they get slimy in the pops?

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Christy - Not so much slimy as squishy on the outside. They absorb some of the pop before it freezes, and that changes their texture, a little. They are still chewy in the center, though :)

Christy Killoran said...

Thanks. I'll have to try this.

Unknown said...

Oh man! I wish I had seen this before last week's Ocean unit! FUN FOOD!!!