Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer Fun Day 52 - Reading Props - Fake Mustaches


I'm up to my elbows in Vacation Bible School prep, this week.  So, instead of planning crafts, or activities for the younger children, I picked up some props to set out with themed selections of library books, throughout the week.

The idea being, that the props draw the children to the books, and the books, besides encouraging summer reading, spark ideas for creative play.

Yesterday, I set out a couple of picture books...



...a short chapter book...


...and a package of inexpensive, fake mustaches.


They were a huge hit with all the children, older and younger, except for my T (my almost 16 year old), who informed me he didn't need a fake mustache, because he is growing one of his own - you just can't see it yet.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

4 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

What a fun idea - too bad you didn't take any pictures :)

Christy Killoran said...

Ha ha ha! Love 16 year old boys! Funny!

Unknown said...

Those books are "must haves" for my Baby Girl (age 9)- she is a tad obsessed with mustaches right now- ya know, "the latest fad." I even made certain to have mustaches on sticks in the cupcakes she took to church this past week for her birthday!

Yet my eldest, age 11, thinks this trend is the most ridiculous thing she has ever seen- and I secretly agree with her, though I would never let my Baby Girl know that... ;0)

To each his own, right?

Ticia said...

Fake mustaches are fun, my nephew's first birthday party was a mustache party, and everything was decorated with them, it was so cute.