Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Fun Day 38 - Making S'mores While the Sun Shines



It might not be hot enough in Montana to fry an egg on the pavement...


...but we've caught enough of the summer heat wave...


...to melt a marshmallow or two.


As purists, we don't like to call this sort of thing a s'more unless the marshmallows have been toasted properly over a flame, and ours were simply left outside, in a covered cake pan to be melted by the summer heat.


But, whatever you call this marshmallow, chocolate and graham cracker snack...


...it's melty, marvelous and delicious.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

6 comments:

linlin said...

I love this~ A LOT!!

Phyllis said...

That's a good idea. We made the smores oven out of a pizza box years ago, but this idea is much simpler and easier. I just miss the toasted marshmallows too much. Around here it is hard to find a sunny day, too. :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

We could have easily fried an egg just about now - this heat wave is ridiculous! Perhaps I should try egg frying while we have this temperatures outside...

Ticia said...

A few days ago we could have fried an egg, today however...... I think it just now hit 90 at about 2:30....

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Tricia- 90 degrees is considered a heat wave hear.

Scarlet Bluefield said...

I agree with Phyllis. I was going to do the whole pizza box thing with my kids and their cousins next week, but this is so much easier--I think we'll give it a try. Thank you!