Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer Fun Day 53 - Road Trip Treats and Surprises

I caught a quick blurry photo of my oldest three, as they out the door for a 10 hour van ride, to a weekend youth convention.

T has an audio book, lots of travel music, and a few games loaded into his Kindle.  In fact, it sounds like all the boys heading on the trip will be plugged into various devises.  The "boys" car ought to be quite.

The "girls" van, with five teen (or nearly teen) girls, and one poor youth worker, might to be another matter.  I did my part though, and got permission to slip into the van they will be taking, last night, with a few treats and surprises...

...loading up the seat pockets with mints, cookies, notebooks, pencils, an assortment of magazines and puzzle books, and as a last minute addition...


...I hit the toy machines on the way out of the grocery store for individually packed, facial hair disguises for each girl. That one might not have been entirely fair to the youth worker, but the fake mustaches were such a hit with my girls, I couldn't resist sharing the joy. I can't wait to see the pictures.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You equipped the youth worker with the correct paraphernalia- I know- I have been a sponsor on a few of these trips. Food and funny props are a must! ;0)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Wow, your big birds are flying off on a long trip. I hope they will have fun, eat a lot of sweets and come back safe.

Ticia said...

Stuffing them with food is the secret. I actually feel sorrier for the guys' van driver. Imagine the smells of 10 teenage boys together.