Sunday, June 12, 2011

Blueberry Whip-Cream-Sicles


It didn't look much like popsicle weather, in our little corner of Montana, today.


But, when I was cleaning out the fridge, to make room for Sunday dinner preparations, I discovered a half gone, tub of light, whipped cream, and an open bag of once frozen blueberries, at a use-it-or-loose stage of defrost.


I didn't want to waste them, so I popped them into the blender, together, with a dash of cinnamon...


...for a quick, breakfast smoothie treat. It was very yummy, but with whip cream, probably more of a dessert, than a breakfast. That was okay though, because the kids only had small servings, for a taste (and it was light whipped cream, after all).


The rest got scooped, and tapped down, into molds, for after lunch, popsicles.


Because, I have this theory, that if we keep on acting like it's summer...


...sooner or later, our weather might just act like it, too.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

8 comments:

Ticia said...

seems worth a try.

Cindy said...

We are SOOOOO going to do this! Yum. And we need incentive for summer weather as well.

Phyllis said...

I will trade you some of our 100 degree weather for yours. Those Sicles look really good. I bet they would work with strawberries, too.

Cassie said...

Those look really good!

Christy Killoran said...

I love your theory! We had a week of hot weather, but now it is back down to the 60s and rainy.

Karen said...

Looks yummy! Hope Summer finds you soon. I wish I could give you some of ours. 95° here!

Jackie Higgins said...

so, why did I never think to freeze my leftover breakfast smoothies into popsicles. I guess I haven't been a mommy long enough to have learned that lesson yet. Thanks for sharing! Hope you get some summer rays soon.

Debbie said...

Love your philosophy! I think that is about all many of us can do. Those blueberry sicles sure look yummy.