Friday, June 3, 2011

3D Chocolate Butterscotch Chip (Not Sugar Cookie) Dinosaurs


So, I was making chocolate, butterscotch chip cookies, today. Basically, they were just a chocolate chip cookie dough, with baker's cocoa added, and butterscotch chips, instead of chocolate chips. I decided to experiment with a little of the dough.

You see, after I posted about our 3D, sugar cookie, dinosaurs, I received a couple of comments from people who don't really care for sugar cookies. I have not always been a great lover of sugar cookies, myself. They are kind of an acquired taste. But, they are so easy to shape into almost anything you can imagine, that I have learned to appreciate them. And really, with a little chocolate added in, or with a nice hot cup of coffee, they're quite tasty.

All the same, I wondered what could be accomplished with chocolate chip dough. And since I had a big bowl of something similar all mixed up, it seemed like a good time to find out.

I shaped the pieces by hand, but other than that, everything was done pretty much the same as for the sugar cookie dinosaurs.







It's not the most beautiful of beasts, I'll admit. But, I think with a little tweaking, it could work. I'll leave that to you haters of sugar cookies, though. All I wanted to know was if it was possible.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

3 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

I have to try to make 3D dinosaur cookies.

Debbie said...

This is so cute, and so like you to come up with a 3D dinosaur cookie!

Ticia said...

How could you not love sugar cookies?