Friday, December 10, 2010

La Befana's Broom - A Christmas Around the World Craft

We have a pretty good supply of coal in the house now, ready to be shared with all our friends, and family, and maybe a few of those screaming little kids, demanding candy, in the grocery stores (my children would never do that, of course...ahem).

E, volunteered for the job of coal delivery person, but first she thought she should have a broom, like La Befana.

I gave her a paper bag, with lines drawn up from the bottom, about three quarters of the way, for her to cut.


Then, after I trimmed off the closed, bottom part, of the bag, she wrapped the top part around a cardboard tube (I think it was from the plastic wrap).


And, we secured it in place with a rubber band.


Look out naughty children everywhere, lumps of coal are on the way.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

5 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Cute craft, and the picture is priceless!

Debbie said...

This is so cute. I agree with Natalie that picture of E is priceless.

Christy Killoran said...

Very cute craft. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of E.

Ticia said...

I love her broom

Unknown said...

I must say, with a delivery girl as cute as like yours, who WOULDN'T want to receive a lump of coal!