Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Handheld Microscopes Make Great Stocking Stuffers.


Our snow returned this morning, or at least a few flakes. The little ones wanted to go out to play. As I snatched our handheld microscope, to turn playtime into science, I thought again, what great gadgets they are.


If your looking for a stocking stuffer, or inexpensive gift (the 30x magnification type usually sell for under $10), for anyone from age 3 to adult, this is the way to go. Not only are they educational, they are just a lot of fun. If you've never seen a snowflake melting, at a 30x magnification, you don't know what your missing.
And, just for the record, this is simply a mom to mom suggestion. I'm not being paid for my opinion.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

6 comments:

Phyllis said...

Thanks for the idea!

Christy Killoran said...

I bought one the last time you suggested that everyone should have one. Well, I completely forgot I bought it until just now. It is sitting in a drawer. I'm going to get it out now!!!

Butterfly said...

That's a great idea!
I hadn't even heard of these. Thanks.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I had no idea that they are so cheap! Maybe I should get one as a stocking stuffer for dear husband.

Annette W. said...

I never knew....

Ticia said...

I almost bought that but wasnt sure about it