Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Taste of Sunshine (Cookies)

Our forecast for sun is still holding, and we're quite excited. So excited, in fact, that we just had to have a little taste last night.

The site I found these on claimed they taste like sunshine...



...and they do!


They are also:


  • Very easy to make.

  • Only 61 calories a piece (again, according to the site I found them on).

  • And, have a very light, chewy texture.


I've made cake mix cookies before, but these were surprisingly good.

I'm renaming them:


Lemon Sunshines


1 lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
grated zest from 1 lemon
powdered sugar for rolling


Combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, juice and zest, and mix until moist. Roll into 1 inch balls, and toss in the powdered sugar. You can refrigerate the dough for a while, to make it easier to handle, but I did not.

Place the sugar coated cookies on a greased cookie sheet (the original recipe says ungreased, but I found they stuck a little that way), and bake for six to nine minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the bottoms begin to brown.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, oh, oh- I LOVE lemon...and EASY recipes...and LOW CALORIE snacks...

Debbie said...

These sure look yummy! I wonder if Selena would like them with the lemon, I know Papa wouldn't. I would probably eat them all.

Ticia said...

Hmmm, that does sound interesting.

Kristen Andrews said...

well they look yummy

Christy Killoran said...

My husband loves lemon. I think these will be a great Father's Day treat! Thanks. Um, I have been bookmarking all of your posts lately!

Cara said...

My husband LOVES lemon, and I bet he would enjoy these. Yours look delicious!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

They look yummy! I've never tried anything out of cake mix before :)

MaryAnne said...

These look delicious, and perfect for my lemon-treat loving hubby =)